We Choose Virtues was very kind to gift me some samples of their program materials in exchange for a review on my site. I ended up buying more items because I loved it all so much! And because I’m a Super Fan, I’ve signed up for their affiliate program so my links to their site are affiliate links.
Why We Choose Virtues Is Perfect For A Mom Like Me
- There are only so many times I can say “Because I Said So.” The catchphrases and Bible verses give me an instant go-to when encouraging good behavior.
- Keeping my cool all the time is crazy hard to do. When I feel the frustration rising, turning to a VirtueVille kid for help always breaks the tension.
- Sometimes it’s hard to relate. Some ideas are just hard to explain in a way little ones understand. The We Choose Virtues materials help kids get it.
- I’m supposed to be a trainer, not a dictator. Having a curriculum like this one in my tool belt helps me keep the focus on training them instead of controlling them.
5 Things We Love About We Choose Virtues
- The artwork is adorable, relateable, and memorable. My girls remember each VirtueVille kid and the story behind their names and their virtue. They love the drawings as much as I do!
- The catchphrases are easy to remember, and fun to say. Whenever I want to remind my kids to be obedient, I ask them what Oboe Joe says. They immediately begin marching around reciting “OK, whatever you say, I will obey, RIGHT AWAY!”
- The variety of materials keeps it from getting old. With coloring pages, games, Bible stories, sticker charts, a music CD, and more – there are plenty of different ways to reinforce the ideas by varying activities..
- The adaptability of the program makes it exactly what you need. If you are teaching only toddlers, you can start with the “Obey, Be Kind & Be A Helper” portion. There are even materials for tweens and teens so this makes a perfect choice for a homeschooling family with multiple ages.
- There’s fun to be had every step of the way. We dance, we sing, we color, we play games, but most of all we always try to keep it light. We Choose Virtues is the perfect springboard to training your children with joy in your heart!
My We Choose Virtues Buyer’s Guide For PK1 Kids
There are many great products available from We Choose Virtues. I liked piecing together what I thought worked best for my younger kids and here’s what I came up with:
- Parenting Cards
- We Choose Virtues Poster
- Bible Resources for the 12 Virtues
- Kids of VirtueVille Coloring Book
- Butterfly Award
- Virtue Kids Sing Along Album (highly recommended)
- Butterfly Stickers (optional)
If you don’t want to piece together your curriculum, you can purchase one of these kits: